A steam press machine is a home appliance that uses a combination of steam and pressure to dry and keep your garment in shape. This machine utilizes high pressure applied to your shirt fabric to remove any wrinkles leaving it straight and presentable. With the help of the heated steam, it leaves your garment dry and soft. The best steam press for shirts maintains your fabric and guarantees its durability.
Unlike using the conventional iron that uses plain heat, the steam press machines are easy to handle and give you professional results more so on your shirts. The best steam press machine is also usable on a shirt with unique materials that require you to follow strict guidelines for professional results. In the market, there are several different steam presses for your shirts.
What Is a Steam Press?
A steam press is a home press appliance used to remove wrinkles from clothes and maintain their shape and integrity. It uses a combination of steam and high pressure to perform. The steam press has a water compartment for holding water that is heated to produce steam. Then, the steam is emitted on to the fabric through the soleplate.
Which Is the Best Steam Press for Shirts on the Market?
Different Types Of Steam Press For a Shirt
When you are considering buying the best steam press for your shirt, there are three different steam press types you need to acquaint yourself with before the purchase. These types of steam press are as follows,
1. Immovable Tabletop
This model uses immovable tabletop iron presses that have a lid. When using steam iron presses, all you need to do is place the fabric inside. These steam presses machines are heavy and do not require long cords. As a result, the immovable table top is not portable. They also release continuous jets for 15 to 20 minutes that assist and straighten severe and stubborn wrinkles of your shirt.
2. Hand-Held Steam Press
This steam press machine is associated with lightweight and comes with portability advantages when using this steam press. Hand-held steam press is good with your shirt and other general clothes in your home. When using the device for an excellent result, ensure that you hang your garment on a hanger. In fulfilling their portability purpose with excellence, these devices come with long cords that help you navigate with ease as you work.
- Fast heat in less than 45 seconds with 15 minutes of continuous steam
- Sanitizes and refreshes all types of fabric, linens and drapery with deep steam penetration to remove odors, plus it can be used on bedding to kill dust mites and bedbugs
- Heated wide-press bar presses out tough wrinkles and dries fibers to prevent re-wrinkling with wide steam coverage
- Compact stand-up stable design allows steamer to stand on a flat surface and travel with ease
- Simply Reliable 3-year limited warranty
3. Table To Movable
This movable tabletop steam press is substantially heavy and has a lot of weighing. It is suitable for pressing shirts made of fabric like linen, silk, wool, and cotton. This steam press uses a hardboard that will assist you when pressing. You can also regulate the amount of heat you require as demanded by the shirt fabric’s manufacturer.
- Speedypress has been importing and manufacturing professional ironing equipment for over 40 years.
- FREE extra cover & foam underfelt (RRP $49.00). Also includes spray bottle, pressing cushion & measuring cup. Limited 12 months manufacturer's warranty. FREE delivery.
- AS SEEN ON TV! 7 times the size of a regular iron at 21.6 x 8.6inches, 1,350watt, lightweight: only 19.8lbs!
- Can be used as dry ironing press or as a steam press using Steam with a burst setting that will remove stubborn wrinkles. Quick to set up on any table or work area, with easy-to-use simple controls.
- Reduces Ironing Time and is suitable for delicate fabrics, with temperature controls for different fabrics. Large Opening area. Provides equivalent of 100lbs of even pressure. Temperature indicator lights.
Quick Review of the Top 9 Best-Rated Steam Press for Shirts
Several Factors on Picking Best Steam Press for Shirts
With so many steam presses in the market, choosing the best steam press is challenging. For you to get the best, consider the following factors.
1. Safety Features
One of the essential factors you should consider when selecting a steam press for shirts is its safety features. Since this machine uses electricity or heat, ensuring its safety is mandatory.
One safety feature available in most of the presses is the auto turn-off feature that prevents the machine from overheating by turning it off after operating for a specific duration.
Also, some come with a locking handle that prevents children from injury. Consider a machine that comes with safety features.
- SINGER ELECTRONIC STEAM PRESS: The SINGER Magic Steam Press gives you professional pressing results right at home. With a large pressing area and adjustable heat and steam settings you can quickly press tablecloths, curtains, dress pants and more
- PORTABLE STEAM PRESS: This portable unit is easy to store and includes auto shut-off with an audible alarm for safety,24inches by 9inches pressing area, 14x larger than a conventional iron
- STEAM PRESS ALARM: It has an Auto Shut-off with Electronic Alarm that sounds every 10 seconds if the handle is left down to remind you to lift the handle to ensure that fabrics are not exposed to the heating plate too long
- EXTRA LARGE PRESSING SURFACE: The SINGER ESP-2 Electronic Steam Press is 10 times larger than the surface of a conventional iron
- SINGER ESP-2 ACCESSORIES: Spray Bottle, Measuring Cup, Pressing Cushion
2. Temperature Setting
Some steam presses have digital temperature controls that allow you to adjust. A presser with this feature will be the best because ironing temperature for shirts varies depending on the fabric. More robust fabric will require higher temperatures setting, while delicate fabrics will require low ironing temperature.
- SUPERIOR SATISFACTION — When you choose a Steamfast product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not we’ll replace it for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS.
- QUICK HEAT UP TIME — A 10-ounce easy-fill water tank heats up in 3 minutes, steam press automatically shuts off and alerts if left idle for prolonged periods
- MULTIPLE FABRIC SETTINGS — Digital controls with 5 fabric settings (nylon, silk, wool, cotton, linen), two steam burst buttons located on the handle produce a powerful burst of steam
- LARGE STEAMING SURFACE — Non-stick pressing surface measures 25 x 10. 5 inches, tabletop size with press lock feature allows for easier carrying and storage
- EQUIPPED FOR THE JOB — Accessories include a spray bottle, pressing cushion, and measuring cup to aid in the pressing process
Weight is another vital factor you will have to consider, especially if you will not set the machine at a specific steam station. In this case, you will require a portable presser, but if you set it up in a specific place like in the utility room, then the weight won’t be an issue.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO PRESS YOUR CLOTHING Always look your best by pressing your clothes! This set features both a powerful, yet compact steam press and a telescopic press stand for your convenience
- HIGH POWERED STEAM PRESS The steam press delivers 1,350 watts of power to de-wrinkle your clothing in no time at all
- ADJUSTABLE STEAM PRESS STAND Sit or stand at the perfect height! This steam press stand can telescope upward or downward to suit your comfort level
- USE THE STEAM PRESS INDEPENDENT OF THE STAND Because it is portable, you can place the steam press on virtually any surface without damaging it
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION Built from top quality materials, the steam press is built to last. It also will not topple during use thanks to its anti slip feet
The size of a steam press is also a crucial factor to consider. A more massive steam press will quickly get wrinkles out of your shirt with lesser time. However, a larger steam press will also need bigger storage space.
- EXPERT CRAFTSMANSHIP: With its unsurpassed versatility, ease of operation and host of automatic features, Speedy Press’s extra-large steam press is a professional quality press ideal for those who find themselves ironing often. It makes it effortless to remove stubborn wrinkles in a record time, with easy-to-use controls and adjustable steam settings to accommodate all kind of garments and linens
- OVERSIZED IRONING SURFACE: Speedy Press’s oversized steam iron press offers larger ironing surface than most of its competitors, and accommodates over-sized materials such as tablecloths and drapes, and allows you to iron multiple fabrics at once. You can now accomplish the pressed look for a fraction of time for any regular and over-sized garments
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: An outstanding value and quality, Speedy press’s shirt ironing machine heats up extremely quickly and deliver 100 lbs. of pressing pressure, allowing you to iron multiple layers of fabric at once. The electronic steam press contains a fully padded heat reflective cover; making is safe and suitable for delicate fabrics and will leave no shine
- EASY OPERATION: With its contemporary design and easy one-hand operation, this super-powerful & light-weight clothes steam press makes ironing a breeze! Includes a LARGE DIGITAL TOUCH SCREEN with numerous options such as; several temperature settings for various materials, Choice of automatic or manual steam burst functions and multiple dry and steam settings. See below for more details
- WILL DELIVER THE RESULTS YOU EXPECT! Being a pioneer in advanced fabric steam press irons, Speedy Press has perfected all key attributes that add up to efficient and convenient ironing and professional steam press. You just can’t go wrong with it; in fact, you’ll wonder how you ever went without it!
The price range of steam presses varies depending on the size, brand, and features. The features you need and your budget will influence your choice.
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a Steamfast product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS.
- QUICK HEAT UP TIME— A 5. 07-ounce easy-to-fill water tank heats up in 3 minutes, steam press automatically shuts off if left idle for prolonged periods.
- MULTIPLE FABRIC SETTINGS —5 fabric settings (nylon, silk, wool, cotton, linen), two steam burst buttons located on the handle produce a powerful burst of steam.
- STEAMING SURFACE — Non-stick pressing surface measures 20 x 8 inches, tabletop size with press lock feature allows for easier carrying and storage.
- EQUIPPED FOR THE JOB — Accessories include a spray bottle, pressing cushion, and measuring cup to aid in the pressing process.
Steam Press for Different Usages
1. T-Shirt Steam Press
Steam presses have more than one use to their owners. On your T-shirts, people in business use these machines to do excellent heat press printing work. To choose the best steam press for this job depends on the fabric you’re using. When doing screen printing, you require a lesser layout. As a result, using a press machine gives you a clam press that enables you to work well. There are several advantages associated with using a steam press on your t-shirts.
Benefits of Steam Press on A T-Shirt
- Steam press machines are easy to learn and use. These machines require a small space in your shop and can perform many tasks.
- Steam press machines are better when doing T-shirt printing, and their work is less messy and cannot be comparable with a screen printing machine that requires a lot of skills in dyes and solvents.
- Using a steam press does not compromise your quality, and the time taken is less to complete your work.
For individuals willing to invest in a T-shirt printing business, a good heat press machine is a must-have product to consider buying. An excellent choice of the steam press machine you will find will worth buying will directly determine the quality of your work and customer satisfaction.
2. Dress Shirt Press Machine
Dress shirts require care when cleaning. It is essential to remove and treat stains that have accumulated over time. It would be best to look out for build-up areas such as collars, underarms, and cuffs. Use stain solutions before soaking the stained area in hot water.
After washing, adjust the steam press to the required temperature that will not harm your fabric. Ensure that the buttons are well taken care of to avoid damaging them.
Home Shirt Press VS. Portable Shirt Press
When using a home shirt press machine to iron, it gives your shirt a crispy and professional finish. This home cleaning appliance does not need a lengthy cord. It only requires you to choose permanent locations where you can access your sockets and then plug-in your machine. Also, as a result of their weight, this machine is not portable.
The home shirt iron comes with a soleplate ceramic that is nonstick and protects your shirt from scratches. They also have more significant water storage, with some models having up to two-liter water storage. Using this home appliance machine, you need a table or board to place your shirt while ironing.
On the other hand, a portable shirt press can be hand-held and are best for people who make long trips away from home. This machine comes with a lengthy cord that the user can use to access the electricity sockets. This portable press machine uses an auto control system that is user friendly to the new user. When using a portable shirt press, all you need is a hanger to hang your shirt, and you are good to go.
Is A Portable Shirt Press Worth Buying?
Owning a portable shirt press comes with lots of benefits. Unlike using conventional iron on your shirt, lightweight shirt presses are gentle on your shirts and very user friendly, all you need is to hang your shirt on a good hang and start your portable steam press. These home appliances help you to keep your shirt garment wrinkle-free and fresh for long. Therefore, owning a portable shirt press should be a must-have and also a priority for shirt lovers.
Can I Use Steam Iron for Shirts
The following are some of the benefits and drawbacks of using steam iron for shirts.
1. Great for Heavy Fabric
A steam iron can also effectively get rid of wrinkles from your shirt. Steam iron is excellent for pressing shirts that are of heavy fabric and those that have a crease.
2. Dry Or Steam
A steam iron has the steam and dry option that allows you to switch off the steam option when dealing with delicate shirts that cannot withstand steam. Therefore, you can use the steam iron for shirts very conveniently.
3. Crisp And Sharp Outcome
Ironing your shirt using a steam iron gives a sharp and crisp result. Apart from removing wrinkles, a steam iron can set creases making the garment look as good as new.
1. Learning Curve
Learning to iron your shirt needs a lot of practice. It will take time to know the ideal temperature setting for a particular fabric.
2. Possibility of Scorching
Using a steam iron for shirts has a high chance of scorching, especially if you are still practicing to work with it.
3. Ironing Accessories Needed
For you to iron using a steam iron, you will need an ironing board and a blanket before you start the task.
Shirt Iron VS. Shirt Steam Press
Both shirt iron and shirt steam press are effective in removing wrinkles in your shirt. However, the two appliances have their pro and cons that set each other apart.
With a shirt iron place your garment on an ironing board and press with the flat iron surface.
With a steam press, you lay the shirt you want on its board and close its top-down. The presser releases heat and steam that presses the garment smoothening the wrinkles.
The following are some of the comparisons of shirt iron vs. shirt steam press.
With a shirt iron, you have to move it back and forth over the shirt fabric to smoothen the wrinkles, but with shirt steam press, you don’t have to make these movements. Instead, a steam presser uses steam and pressure to press a garment to remove wrinkles.
2. Ironing board
With a shirt iron, an ironing board is a must while in a shirt steam press, it is not a must. A steam press is versatile and acts as both the iron and the ironing board.
A shirt steam press has a larger and smooth surface than a shirt iron that enables you to remove wrinkles on your shirt faster and with less time.
With a shirt iron, you can get into corners of your shirt that a steam presser cannot reach. Therefore using an iron is more detailed than a steam press.
Shirt steam press is more expensive than a shirt iron. However, the energy and time you use while using iron make steam pressure worth investing.
6. Gentleness on fiber
A shirt iron crushes fiber while a steam presser is gentle even on delicate fiber.
In summary, both shirt iron and shirt steam press are useful appliances to have. However, the shirt steam press is a preference for many because they are easy to use, faster, and saves energy. Choose the one that best suits your lifestyle and needs.
Cautions on Using The Steam Press for Shirts
Steam pressing a shirt can be a counterproductive task if it is not done correctly and can damage the shirt or steamer. The following are some of the precautions you need to observe while using a steam press for shirts.
- Never steam press over buttons; instead, press around the buttons.
- Never use a steam press on dirty shirts as it will set stains that will be difficult or impossible to remove.
- If you are not sure about the type of fiber on your shirt, steam it using the lower temperature setting.
- Ensure your working area is clean to avoid staining your shirts when pressing them.
- The steam press should also be clean. Ensure there is no debris in the steam press, which could damage your machine and shirt.
- Ensure the plugging cables are correctly plugged and away from your body. This plugging ensures that you do not get electrical shocks due to faulty appliances.
- Never leave the press machine unattended while it is still hot or plugged.
- After ironing, unplug your steam press machine and keep it safe.
How to Take Care of Your Shirts
The shirt you wear has a great influence on your look. Therefore the way you clean, iron, and store your shirt determines its look and life. Taking proper care of a shirt extends its life and makes you look better when wearing it. The following are some tips on how to take care of your shirts.
1. Take care while washing
You should wash your shirt at a cool temperature because high temperatures can make the fabric brittle or shrink. When using a drier, adjust it to medium heat to avoid damaging your shirts.
2. Use the right detergents
During the laundering process, you should avoid dodgy detergents that can erode the fabric.
3. Dry the shirts completely before folding
Ensure that your shirts are completely dry before folding them to prevent mildew that can occur if the shirts are stored when they are still slightly damp.
4. Iron damp
For a clean press; Iron the shirts with plenty of steam.
5. Avoid Antiperspirants
These Aluminum-based antiperspirants tend to leave marks on the shirt underarm that rot the stitching on that part. Using deodorant is more recommended than antiperspirants.
6. Alternate your shirts
It is advisable to have more than 5 shirts to prevent over wearing one shirt. When you have enough shirts, and you alternate them evenly, they will serve you for longer.
Unbutton before washing to remove stubborn stains.
The best steam press for your shirt is a must-have appliance in every household that has shirt lovers. It is a useful tool in removing wrinkles from your shirt, making you look presentable. It is easy to use, efficient and saves energy. There are several types of steam press for shirts in the market, and for you to choose the best, you should consider factors like size, cost, safety features, and weight of the steam press before settling for one. Choose a steam presser for a shirt that best suits your lifestyle and needs.