Small steam irons are compact ironing devices ideal for small ironing jobs and quilting. They are also suitable for travelers as they are light in weight and do not take up significant storage spaces in the travel bags. These small models heat up pretty fast, which in return saves the ironing time. If you need a convenient iron to travel with for small business trips, choosing the best small steam iron can save you a lot of trouble.
What Is Small Iron Used for?
The mini irons are ideal for ironing small parts of clothes or lightweight clothes. The irons’ compact sizes fit in narrow parts of the garment to eliminate the creases where the large irons cannot reach. The small irons are also suitable for fusing the fabrics with papers or cardboards.
Which Is the Best Small Steam Iron on the Market?
Benefits of Small Steam Iron
If you are not sure if small steam irons are what you need, then we have some hints for you here. These steam irons have plenty of benefits. You will find them helpful if you buy the best quality model.
The small steam irons are made in a lightweight design, making them quite comfortable to hold when working. The weights range from 1 to 2 pounds, which is quite suitable for all people, including older people.
Easy to Pack
If you need a travel iron that you can tag along when going for outside trips, a compact steam iron is the right iron choice. These irons are space savers since they feature compact sizes. The small steam irons are comfortable to carry in a carry-on bag or even to pack in a luggage bag.
Another benefit of the small steam irons is the affordability. These irons cannot do much as compared to the extensive models, which makes them affordable. However, note that the compact irons are reliable in removing wrinkles and creases on garments.
Best for Quilting
The small steam irons are suitable for quilting since one can iron small parts of the garment, such as inside the pockets and the patches, unlike when using the larger steam irons. They are also comfortable to iron with, so you can control the pressure you press on the garment.
The small steam iron heats up pretty quickly to release the ironing steam. The hot steam helps to disinfect and steam the garments in return.
Quick Review of the Top Rated 10 Best Small Steam Irons
Factors to Consider in Picking High-Quality Small Steam Iron
If you want to buy the best small steam iron that suits your needs perfectly, then there are some things you need to consider before making a purchase. Below we list the most important features and recommend the top-quality products that are the most recommendable for each feature.
The compact steam irons have a small water reservoir with varying dimensions to suit the customer’s ironing needs. Although these irons are not ideal for bulky ironing needs, it is crucial to consider the tank’s size so one can find an iron that will save ironing time without making too many turns to refill the tank.
- Lightweight and ideal for travel; steam iron can be used vertically to steam clothes on hanger or to take out wrinkles from curtains and drapes
- 200 millimeter of water tank makes adequate steam for clothes, drapes, and curtains
- Use the steam iron as a dry iron for delicate fabrics without worrying about damaging the fabric
- 360 degree swivel cord makes it more easier to iron or steam vertically without worrying about the cord tangling
- Additional features include an adjustable thermostat control, overheat safety protection, non-stick soleplate, variable steam control
It is always good to choose an iron with a long power cord for convenience when ironing if the board is located further from the power source. Most of the small steam irons have cord measuring between 3 to 5 feet long.
- Dual Voltage System (240V and 120V)
- Shot of Steam feature presses out wrinkles and presses in creases
- Indicator light that lets you know the iron is hot
- Variable temperature controls heat setting offers flexibility for various fabric types
- Soft touch handle and dial to provide extra comfort
Auto Power Off
Some steam irons have an automatic power-off setting where the iron immediately goes off after staying for some time without being active. It is a safety feature to check out for especially if you need the steam iron for traveling with to prevent accidents.
- TrueGlide Nonstick Soleplate - The enhanced nonstick soleplate is engineered to glide smoothly across all types of fabrics
- SmartSteam Technology - Take the guesswork out of ironing. SmartSteam automatically optimizes the amount of steam based on the temperature you select
- Anti-Drip - The iron is engineered to prevent dripping by closely regulating water temperatures
- Spray Mist - The push-button mister helps moisten fabrics to quickly smooth away deep wrinkles
- Automatic Shutoff - For added peace of mind, the iron shuts off when left unattended for 30 seconds on its side or soleplate, and after 8 minutes on the heel rest
Small Steam Iron VS. Large Steam Iron
Although both the small and large steam irons function the same and have the same design, a few things set them apart. So, which size of a steam iron is the best? Well, the following are the top differences between the small and large steam irons.
Size And Weight
It’s evident that the small steam irons are short, and the large ones feature larger dimensions. But the size and pressures of the two steam iron models determine the functionality and efficacy.
Small steam iron is quite comfortable to hold when working since it is light, and you can work with it for a long time without getting tired. Although the small steam irons’ weights may differ as per the brand, the majority of models have a weight limit of 495 to 500 grams. This is around 1.1 pounds.
On the other hand, the larger steam irons are a bit bulky, which may be uncomfortable to work for long with them. But, the larger steam irons win when it comes to functionality because they can handle cumbersome ironing need easily and quickly. The heavyweight presses the garments to relax and remove the wrinkles quickly and easily.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED — Backed by a 2-year hassle-free warranty and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
- QUICK HEAT UP TIME — A 1.4-ounce water tank heats up in 15 seconds, equipped with 1-touch steam control and 3 temperature settings for various fabric types. Fill measuring cup with water up to maximum 1.1 ounce mark
- EQUIPPED FOR THE JOB — 420 watts of power removes wrinkles from almost any fabric, an anti-slip handle for improved grip, and a 7.5-foot power cord for reachability
- DUAL VOLTAGE CONVENIENCE — Sized and equipped for travel anywhere in the world, just select between 100 and 240 volts
- TRAVEL ESSENTIALS — An included travel bag and plastic measuring cup is included for added convenience and protection
- Steammaster steam iron features 1400 watts of power, large stainless steel nonstick soleplate, large water tank, and anti-drip system to prevent water leakage at any temperature setting
- Clothes iron has a Shot of Steam feature for an extra burst of steam on flat surfaces or vertically hanging clothes or draperies
- 3-Way Motion Smart auto-off for safety and peace of mind
- Self-clean system keeps iron free of mineral deposits for optimal performance
- Measures 14L x 6.2W x 6.3H inches, weighs 3 pounds. 8-foot retractable cord; 3-year limited
The steam irons use water heated at high temperatures to release steam to relax and remove the wrinkles. The larger steam irons have large water tanks, which means you get high steam levels to iron the clothes, and you do need to keep on refilling the tank when ironing.
The high steam levels on the larger steam irons can de-crease many and heavy clothes that require high levels of heat. The small steam irons are not recommendable for heavy-duty ironing needs since the steam is not much, and you may need to keep on refilling the tank to iron.
- 1000-watt iron with micro steam stainless-steel soleplate
- Adjustable temperature; consistent steam; burst-of-steam button
- Vertical-steam option; 2-ounce transparent water tank; dual-voltage switch
- Compact size; handle folds flat for storage; travel pouch included
- Measures 8-3/5 by 3-8/9 by 4-8/9 inches; 1-year limited
- STAINLESS-STEEL SOLEPLATE W/ MICROSTEAM HOLES - Scratch-resistant stainless steel for smooth, easy gliding across different garments; 400 microsteam holes ensure thorough steam distribution; precision tip for hard-to-reach areas
- POWERFUL STEAM - Heats up in just 2 minutes; generates 120g of high-pressurized, wrinkle-removing steam for professional results; energy-saving Eco mode uses 20% less heating energy compared to medium steam output level
- XL WATER TANK - 40-Oz. capacity means more time spent steaming and less time spent refilling; 90 Min. of continuous steam on a single tank. Power cord length - 1.7 m
- CONVENIENT DESIGN - Electronic control panel with indicator that shows when tank needs a refill or when cleaning is required; compact size; locking system and built-in cord storage for easy portability
- SAFETY COMES FIRST WITH ROWENTA - Stay-cool fabric hose; 3-way auto-off feature shuts iron off after 8 Min. of inactivity on heel and 30 Sec. on soleplate or tipped over on its side
The Power Output
The large steam irons utilize high power output levels that facilitate quick and easy removal of creases compared to the smaller versions. The large steam irons have a power output of up to1400 watts while the smaller models have a power output of around 350 watts.
- QUICK HEAT UP TIME — The 1.1 ounce water tank heats up in one minute, equipped with 1-touch steam control and 3 temperature settings for various fabric types. Fill included measuring cup with water up to maximum mark.
- EQUIPPED FOR THE JOB — 350 watts of power removes wrinkles from almost any fabric, a non-stick sole plate resists rust buildup, and an 8-foot power cord provides reachability.
- DUAL VOLTAGE CONVENIENCE — Sized and equipped for travel anywhere in the world, just select between 120 and 220 volts.
- VERSATILE DESIGN — Compact size is perfect for quilting, travel, craft projects, and more.
- SANITIZE SURFACES — Steam kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
- 9 PRESET MODES - features a clear-view LCD screen, Stop with the guesswork and don’t burn your clothes! Select your fabric type and always iron with the right heat. Ideal temps for nylon, silk, wool, cotton, jeans, linen and more.
- DOUBLE CERAMIC SOLEPLATE - Harder than stainless steel, super scratch resistant, and more durable and easier to clean! Protect your delicate clothes with a unique double-layer design that ensures even heating of the entire soleplate.
- BE SAFER WITH AUTO SHUTOFF - We all get distracted at some point, so DON’T PUT THOSE AROUND YOU AT RISK! Motion sensors automatically shut off the iron to avoid danger when it sits motionless for too long. Shuts off after 30 seconds when laying flat and 8 minutes when vertical.
- 100% PRE-TESTED and FULLY FEATURED - Every Beautural Iron is tested by our QA team before leaving the factory so you’re assured quality right out of the box. Packs a huge list of features including an LCD screen, fabric presets, water spray and steam bursts, and 1800 watts of pure power so no fabric in your home is too tough to iron!
- WE CARE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE - Our California based office ensures a quick response to your problems. Compare with similar items
So, Which Is the Best?
The small steam irons are suitable for light ironing needs or for people who require iron to travel with. The large steam irons are ideal for bulky ironing needs at home or commercial areas like hotels.
- 🔎 ULTRA-PRESS STAINLESS STEEL SOLEPLATE - Thick chromium finish soleplate for durability, scratch resistance and unparalleled glide; specially designed steam distribution is perfect for sewers, quilters and crafters.
- 🔎 EASY THERMOSTAT CONTROL & AXIAL STEAM HOLES - Based on fabric type, you can easily select the ideal steam output and keep the temperature how you like it. The placement, alignment and size of our steam holes gives you the maximum amount of steam required while maintaining even heat distribution throughout the soleplate.
- 🔎 CUT YOUR IRONING TIME IN HALF - With our Rapid Even Heat Technology and 1700-Watts of Power you can easily glide across various garments and smooth hard-to-reach areas. Our PurSteam steam iron provides you with ideal temperatures for cotton, wool, silk, linen, polyester, nylon and more.
- 🔎 SAFETY FEATURES - Keeping you safe at all times with our automatic 3-way shut off system, avoiding accidents and burnt clothes. With our new Anti-Drip feature you don't have to worry about water dripping out of the soleplate at low temperatures or when the iron is not in use. ANTI-CALC prevents mineral build up.
- 🔎 UNSURPASSED QUALITY/ LIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT - Water drops in the tank? Do not fear! This just means your PurSteam steam iron was thoroughly tested before arriving at your home. Our rigorous testing process ensures the best quality possible. Each and every iron is filled with water and tested to make sure it works perfectly! And our support will make sure you're 100% satisified!
Top 2 Best Small Steam Iron Brands Reviewed
The two top best small steam iron brands ideal for people who need iron to travel with or for easy use at home is Steamfast and Hilife brands.
1. Steamfast Home & Away Steam Iron
Steamfast is a well-known company that manufactures multiple home appliances and devices ranging from steam mops and handheld clothes steamers. Steamfast makes some of the top best travel steam irons compatible with all fabrics. The small steam irons from steadfast have ergonomic handles that provide perfect holding space to straighten your clothes.
- QUICK HEAT UP TIME — 4-ounce capacity water tank heats up in 1 minute and provides up to 7 minutes of continuous steam.
- NATURAL FABRIC CARE — More effective and gentler on fabrics than ironing for chemical-free garment care using the power of steam. Easily freshen and remove wrinkles from clothing, drapery, table linens, upholstery, bedding and more
- EQUIPPED FOR THE JOB — The SF-425 produces a continuous, strong and steady steam, a lighted power switch indicates on/off status, and an 8-foot power cord provides extra reachability.
- TRAVEL ESSENTIAL — Compact, lightweight, and portable design allows you to refresh your clothes anywhere you go without the need for an ironing board.
- SANITIZE SURFACES — Steam kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
2. Hilife Steam Iron for Clothes & Garments
If you need a handheld steam iron that can remove wrinkles on a large number of clothes, Hilife has a perfect choice. The Hilife steamers produce high levels of steam to remove wrinkles on clothes easily. This brand has a relatively large water reservoir that can last for about 14 to 18 minutes.
- 240ML capacity, lasts for 15 minutes of continuous steaming to emit wrinkled busting perfectly
- 700W Steamer produces powerful steam; 9ft Power Cord, never worry about operating steamer remotely
- 7 in 1 Multi Use Steamer; Not only a steamer for clothes, but a smart assistant for healthy living
- Portable Travel Steamer; Light Weight makes it an ideal travel companion
- Zero Risk Steamers, Any questions, please contact us directly
The Common Features of Steamast & Hilife Steam Irons
1. Lightweight – These small steam irons are made in a lightweight design for portability. Therefore, they are an ideal choice for travelers. If you are always on the go, you must know how important it is to keep your luggage lightweight.
2. Portable – These steam irons have compacts sizes for easy packing in a carry-on bag or travel bag when going on a trip. These irons do not take up much space when packing.
3. Powerful – Although these steam irons have compact sizes, they have high power output for the convenient removal of wrinkles on any fabric.
4. Cheap – These steam irons are quite affordable. You don’t have to invest much in them. But still, they will offer you satisfying ironing experiences. So, they are a cost-efficient choice.
5. Time-Saving – The steam irons do not take long to heat up. Thanks to rapid heat technology, they often need only seconds to start functioning. Therefore, you will not spend much time waiting. And meanwhile, this is more energy-efficient.
Is Small Steam Iron Any Good?
Yes! The small steam irons help iron the small parts of garments where the large brands cannot reach. The small irons are also ideal for travelers since they are comfortable to pack in the bag.
- ✓𝟭𝟮𝟬𝗩 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗬 (𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗗𝗨𝗔𝗟 𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗧𝗔𝗚𝗘)
- ✓𝗙𝗔𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗖𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗗𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗬 - Clean and freshen fabric surfaces with Ovo’s powerful burst of steam
- ✓𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗤𝗨𝗘 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗚𝗡 - No other portable iron has our patent-pending technology that eliminates spitting and leaking, allowing you to iron and steam without worries.
- ✓𝗣𝗨𝗠𝗣 𝗜𝗧 𝗨𝗣 - Ovo’s electronic steam pump heating system means it gives you impressive steam volume in a matter of seconds, every time.
- ✓𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗟 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗬 - Bring Ovo on your next trip and say goodbye to leaking and spitting hotel irons. Use it almost anywhere for ironing and steaming on-the-go.
Small steam irons are quite convenient for traveling, and light ironing needs at home. They are light in weight for comfort when holding to work, and they are affordable too. The small irons function just like the larger models, although they are a bit slow.