Looking to buy the very best cordless steam iron? Easy to move, compact to take, that’ why the cordless irons become so popular. Prior to this the technology for manufacturing a cordless iron that boasted performance that compared favorably with the corded variety simply didn’t exist. Here we review the very best cordless steam irons so that you can make an informed buying choice!
Today cordless irons (including cordless steam irons) have joined toothbrushes and the handheld vacuum cleaners as the latest space-saving and stress relieving gadget that every homeowner is putting on their ‘must-have’ gizmo list.
What Is the Best Cordless Steam Iron?
Top 5 Best Cordless Steam Iron on the Market for Your Money
|Sunbeam Cordless or Corded Iron||Check Price|
|Professional Grade 1700W Steam Iron for Clothes||Check Price|
|Sunbeam Steammaster Steam Iron||Check Price|
|Sunbeam (GCSBNC-101-000) Versa Glide Cordless/Corded Iron, Black||Check Price|
|Maytag Speed Heat Steam Iron & Vertical Steamer||Check Price|
|PowerXL Cordless Iron and Steamer Deluxe||Check Price|
Are Cordless Irons Really Worth The Extra Cost?
They are convenient
Cordless irons are generally more expensive. You could probably pick up two traditional corded irons for the price of a cordless unit. But, there are certainly advantages to doing away with the power cord – and anyone who has used a cordless vacuum cleaner will quickly confirm that it’s simply more convenient.
Effectively remove wrinkles
The same applies to the cordless iron. No more cord means no more trailing nuisance to disturb those finely pressed creases in your clothing, vastly reduced possibility of wrinkles on clothing made of finer materials and an experience that is simply less frustrating.
Safer to use
And there are other advantages as well. The absence of a cord makes using a cordless iron safer in households where there are pets and small children. There’s simply less possibility of anyone tripping themselves up and receiving a hot iron to the head – which happens more often than you might think.
Perfect for delicate fabrics
So are these devices worth it? It depends on what you want out of your iron. Some models only use the cordless functionality for more delicate fabrics – for the heavier fabric you’ll need to revert back to having it plugged into a wall socket.
However, this isn’t as much of a letdown as you might think. For those delicate fabrics, the maneuverability of the cordless iron is incredible. It deals with finicky creases and pleats in half the time that it might take to get the job done with a corded iron – so the trade-off with heavier fabrics is actually worth it.
Top 3 Best Cordless Steam Iron Reviews
One of the premier manufacturers of steam irons is Panasonic – and they’re got a great range.
Products like the Panasonic 360 degree Freestyle range have quickly become consumer favorites due to the quick charge time (some models get hot enough for serious work in under ten seconds). The 360-degree range also has another neat trick up its cordless sleeve. Instead of being pointed at one end like a traditional iron it’s pointed at both ends which makes it ideal for getting through those heavy loads of ironing in next to no time – this iron really is a great buy.
- CORDLESS STEAM/DRY IRON Enjoy the ease and freedom of cordless steam and dry ironing with this sleek 1500 Watt iron; Ideal for quilting, sewing and crafting
- CURVED STAINLESS STEEL SOLEPLATE Smartly curved, super-smooth stainless-steel soleplate heats quickly to nimbly remove creases and wrinkles
- VERTICAL STEAM FEATURE With the push of a button, a powerful vertical steam feature directs a full burst of steam to relax and remove winkles in hanging garments, curtains and drapes
- TOUCH-BUTTON IRON & STEAM SETTINGS Electronic temperature controls on the iron's handle make it quick convenient to select and adjust temperatures for a wide variety of fabrics, plus variable steam — or no steam — settings for fast, smooth removal of wrinkles and creases in clothing and more
- Capacity: 0.154 liters
So the question remains – if you had to choose between the corded versions of the steam iron or traditional iron which one would be the ideal choice for your lifestyle? It all comes down to functionality versus cost. If you have a low budget, there is another inexpensive Panasonic cordless iron for you to check out:
- 1400 Watt, Large Stainless Steel non-stick soleplate, Large water tank & Anti-drip system prevents water leakage at any temperature setting to eliminate unwanted drips
- Shot of Steam Feature offers an extra burst of steam on flat surfaces or Vertically steaming hanging clothes or draperies
- 3 Way Motion Smart Auto-Off for Safety and Peace of Mind
- 8 Foot Retractable Cord
- Anti-Calcium and Self-Clean systems keeps iron free of calcium and mineral deposits for optimal performance
For those who have the budget and want to save time as well as effort when it comes to ironing then a cordless iron might very well represent money extremely well spent. If you have a large household and find that you are simply being overwhelmed by the amount of ironing that you are doing then again there is definitely an argument that the cordless iron might be an excellent investment.
Our Picks for the Top 3 Cordless Steam Irons